- Teletherapy is available for all sessions
- In-person therapy is available on a more limited basis, which we can discuss when we schedule our sessions
Fees and Payments
- $175 for initial evaluation and each subsequent 45-55-minute session
- Payments can be made by cash, credit card, debit card, HSA or FSA card
- Card payments are Credit/debit card using IvyPay, a HIPPA compliant app for payment (a 2.75% surcharge is added to credit or debit card payments for coinsurance, copays)
- Please note that cash and checks are accepted only at in-person sessions
Insurance – In and out of network
(See, About Insurance.)
I am in network only with CareFirst and BlueCross BlueShield.
If your insurance covers out-of-network providers, I will provide to you the paperwork they require for you to submit for reimbursement.
Please be aware that coverage varies depending on your company’s fiscal year and the terms negotiated with the carrier. I will confirm your insurance before we meet, but you should also know:
- whether you have a copay
- whether you have a deductible
- if/when the fiscal year ends and your plan resets
If you need to cancel, you must do so 24 hours in advance notice of cancellation. Late cancellations are charged at the full-fee of the scheduled session.
Your privacy is important and it is your legal right. This means that information about you or your family will not be shared without your written permission. The exceptions to this are:
- I am required by law to report cases of suspected child abuse or physical or sexual abuse to the Family Protective Services even if the victim is an adult when the incident comes to light (FL§§5-704).
- If I feel that you are a danger to yourself, I must take appropriate actions to ensure your safety, which may include establishing a “suicide prevention contract” or hospitalization. If possible, I will discuss my intended actions with you and disclose to others only information that is relevant to your situation.
- If I feel that you are a danger to another person, I must report this to the person endangered and to the proper authorities.
I do not provide 24-hour cover emergency services. If you feel you are having a true emergency and you are unable to reach me, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. Do not wait to speak to me first as your safety is the most important thing.